Thread: British GT 2020
View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2020, 08:51 (Ref:4008643)   #205
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
GTs were great - especially being able to photograph them in the rain. We knew the weather would be wet and windy so dressed for it and fine. Lots of photos to work through and will post link in due course.
I agree - GT cars in the wet are great to photograph, you can get some very impressive spray shots and lights blazing is always a good look

Quote:
However, not sure that 20 minute and 50 minute race for a dozen Radicals were right for Sunday especially on the 300 course. I am sure that longer track makes it more interesting for the drivers, but for spectators it's less of an attraction.
The most tedious race I've ever seen was 9 Radicals on the Brands GP loop (it got worse as they lost a couple early on). I went back to the car and had a snooze. As you say - I'm sure Radicals are great for the drivers but I've never watched a Radical race and come away thinking "that was great".

Quote:
I am also grateful that MSV have given me a lot of motorsport to enjoy live over recent weeks,
credit where it's due - MSV have done a good job of getting the circuits opened up and making it viable for spectators to be there.