Thread: British GT 2020
View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4008701)   #208
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Good day at Snetterton, haven’t been in a few years and it’s always refreshing how straightforward it is.

Racing was pretty good, the mclaren GT3s seem to shed every inch of speed they had for race 2, Lamborghinis looked the most comfortable in the damp conditions today. The AMG’s were a little squirrely but maybe just overdriving Am’s, the Bentley looked dreadful in the wet, and I’m not sure what the deal with the 488 was, they looked like they were in a class below all day
I watched the Race 1 & 2 streams on Youtube when I got home from the circuit, they interviewed one of the Ferrari drivers on the grid - apparently the Evo update to the car over the winter was designed to make it easier on it's tyres. This seems to have worked pretty well in normal conditions, but in the cold & wet conditions at Snett they couldn't get the tyres into the operating window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Interesting day. Bit of a curate's egg.

GTs were great - especially being able to photograph them in the rain. We knew the weather would be wet and windy so dressed for it and fine. Lots of photos to work through and will post link in due course.

However, not sure that 20 minute and 50 minute race for a dozen Radicals were right for Sunday especially on the 300 course. I am sure that longer track makes it more interesting for the drivers, but for spectators it's less of an attraction.

I do realise that we are living in extraordinary times and I am sure that it's a blast driving a Radical round any circuit. I am also grateful that MSV have given me a lot of motorsport to enjoy live over recent weeks, so a minor niggle.
The second Radical race in particular was pretty tedious, I agree, so I went and warmed up in the car for a bit. Really, though, I also just want to echo your point about MSV. They have absolutely stepped up in terms of giving us live motorsport at all their venues as far as they can, and I'm looking forward to a few more cold and probably wet weekends before this very strange season ends...