View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3845762)   #15
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Actually many of them aren't run by professional teams, and those that are, aren't what you would call big teams with lots of staff. That said, they are certainly not a 'one man and a van' operation.

Knockhill has already been and gone, and the entry wasn't good. It was 2 weeks after the Silverstone Classic, and 3 weeks prior to Gold Cup, which is part of the problem. These aren't the sort of cars where you can just wipe with an oily rag and be ready for the next race. They need to be partly stripped and rebuilt, which isn't always possible in the timescales with limited resource. (I appreciate they aren't unique in that respect.)

There were certainly more cars when the ST races were more of a one off than a series and I imagine some of the owners are very short of parts, I believe Cleland had to have some parts fabricated for his Vectra as there were none around - or none of use as some of the parts that do exists are over 25 years old.