View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3850733)   #103
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's all a bit vague but wasn't there something called TIR which meant it dealt with everything at the crossing. And only Spain and Portugal needed separate carnets?

Its a bit like technology really - if the WWW went down we would have to learn how to use fax machines, or how to lick a stamp.
Now after years of easy convenience suddenly our journey to Spa might take a wee bit longer. It is as if we have just had it too easy.

So if Brexit means going back to the future ( and we are all crystal ball gazing) then we may have to re-learn about such joys as queuing at borders, customs officers having long lunches. .
So it will be a ball ache in some cases, possibly, but not the end of the world.
I know that I will be shot down for being delusional or naieve but really guys, can it be that bad, really? We all worry about our businesses, or the industry we are in, but life experience tells me that we are on the whole pretty quick to adapt,improvise, etc. and no I am not a gung ho brexiteer, just thinking about possible challenges and what to do. My business will get hit financially but already looking to mitigate that. I appreciate some may not be able to.
Defintely glass half full approach for me. I have travelled a lot, seen many countries and could give so many examples of how people survive and indeed prospered under much worse clouds than a no-deal brexit.