View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1739207)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Odd also Mr Goodwin that a FIA GT that a team that dominated the LMS next year left the series to join FIA GT for 2006, dont you think? Sure Scuderia Ecosse didnt win Le Mans, but winning 1 race means relatively little. Now, winning a Championship on the other hand is a differnt matter entirely.
Winning Le Mans is far more important than winning the FIA GT championship, in the minds of many, including manufacturers.

Quote:
Also, you know as well as I that the ACO are more than a little biased when it comes to their selections for the Le Mans 24hrs. I can think of numerous years when the cream of the FIA GT cars missed out on a lot a slot, but some of the slower cars from the series managed to get entries but of course werent 100% competitve.
To be frank, I don't think that a team that doesn't compete in the LMS (ALMS or JLMS) even deserves an entry period. As consideration, those teams that do show support to the ACO series, do deserve priority to those in other series.