View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1739566)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fogelhund, the Vitaphone Maserati team are the works team for Maserati. Works is another word for "factory" as I am sure you are aware. The Championship also has Works Aston Martin's in the shape of the BMS team. That is fact, not opinion.

With regards to what the FIA will have in terms of manufacturers, I am not comparing the series to the ALMS or the LMS or JLMC as a whole. I am just saying that the quality of GT1 and GT2 entrants is higher than what you will find in the LMS and JLMC and maybe the ALMS too. Sure the ALMS has the works Corvettes and the works Aston Martin's, but anyone remember who beat the works Aston Martin squad at the Spa 24hrs in 2005? And im not talking about a works BMS effort but the proper Prodrive factory team. Oh thats right, it was the MC12's, 1 from Vitaphone and 1 from JMB.

Get the factory Corvette squad over here and the Prodrive Aston Martin team for the Spa 24 hours and they would have a very tough time against the FIA GT Championship regulars, once again the Vitaphone and JMB MC12's showed the Prodrive Aston Martin team that. Its just a shame the MC12's are illegall in their current form to race in ACO sanctioned races. Once again, all I am saying that IMO the quality of GT1 and GT2 entrants found in the FIA GT Championship is the best in the world.

Of course the ALMS and LMS will have more manufacturers, its got double the ammount of spaces for the races! FIA GT is restricted to 36 cars per event plus 2 invitational cars from the country of event, excluding the Spa 24hrs of course where the entry limit is 65. And finally Fogelhund, I personally do beleive that winning the FIA GT Championship is a bigger achievement than a class win at Le Mans 24hrs alone, which is realistically is all that is achievable at Le Mans for a GT1 or GT2 car. Obviously winning the event outright is a bigger achievement than winning a Championship, but for GT class cars it isnt really realistic.