View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3331283)   #599
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Good thing for you is that the later US spec is similar to the UK spec - 2.5 litre turbo rather than the Japanese spec 2 litre twin scroll turbo. Means more torque and it still has some of the old off beat burble.
I believe the USDM 2.5L is a superior specification to the UK 2.5L. Personally I would steer clear of any Type UK model after 2007, not due to the styling, but due to the horror stories with regards to the 2.5L STi. Plus the 2.5L cars all got equal length headers, so hardly any burble.

I still really fancy a stripped two door classic Impreza, but the price of the two door classics is rising and the newages are falling, so it would be throwing good money away swapping at the moment.

Failing that would love an '07 Spec C. The JDM cars don't have the Impreza burble, but they do still use the trusty EJ20. I understand the forthcoming Impreza (or rather "WRX") is to revert to a 2.0L engine again.