View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3617177)   #29
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha, Ha, not sure I would get passed Stadium Security with an Air Horn!!!!

Though I will certainly aim to be there, to see the Legends, assuming I can get in. Heard they had to turn people away at the recent Banger World Series Meeting. (Banger only meetings, not my thing, so gave that one a miss.)

Looking forward to hearing the sounds of the biked engined oval racers, reflecting off the glass fronted grandstands.

The "hopeful" fixture list now show meetings from October 2016 till New Years Day 2017.

But Wimbledon AFC seems to be forging ahead with a Stadium design, though have said they cannot afford a 20 000 seater stadium, so are looking to build a 10 000 seater.

Apparently the developers haven't submitted a section 106 yet, so the Mayor has yet to rule on the planning decision.

The sad thing is, the "Legends" meeting could be still be the last at the Stadium, but we might not know its the last till after.

Full respect to Peter Gray and the Save Wimbledon Stadium campaign, and full support for trying to raise awareness to save the Venue.

Great to see Leapy, Duffy and George do a lap on the back of the control car on Sunday. A great reminder of a Golden age.....when you could use an Air Horn and ironically a "Football" Rattle.....