View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3846674)   #67
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7th or 17th, who cares? I look at my photographs after the event and a car with 'attitude', drifting is what makes it all worthwhile and the more the merrier. If F1 and modern day racing cars had 'attitude', it would be far more enjoyable to watch.

I remember my first visit to Western Springs Speedway in Auckland, when I first arrived way back in 1983 and being amazed at the angles those midgets and sprint cars achieved - yet races would be all over in a matter of a few minutes, but the next grid was soon out there. A fantastic evening's non-stop entertainment.

But original J40's or fibreglass replicas, at Goodwood, for what, 100 yards, drivers doped up on Lucozade or Red Bull, just doesn't cut it. They do not need to waste valuable track time.

With only two Goodwood events a year, attracting huge crowds, surely making best possible use of that limited track time should be a very high priority? Or is it the usual case these days, that the paying spectators are the last to be considered?

At long last, just a couple of weeks before the event, the Sears trophy gets added to the programme on the website, but still awaiting a programme schedule to plan the weekend - and an entry list.

As regards live streamed coverage, once again, too much emphasis on the front two or three cars, when there are fascinating cars further down the grid that we never see and never get a mention - a major reason why non-enthusiasts who have never been to a meeting, claim that all motor racing is boring... The way it is televised, sorry, but it often is boring.