View Single Post
Old 5 May 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2194450)   #55
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob, qualifying attendance has been "down" longer than the split simply because there were no more milestones to be reached, like 150, 200, etc. The last few years, its' been up. Carb Day is WAY up since they moved it from Thursday to Friday.

And I see a lot of "spec" in NASCAR. Those of us on forums tend to be superfans and look at every little technical thing involved. We are different than the general public, which, as Olive says, pays attention to the drivers. Those of us on the forums are a very small minority of the number of people it takes to reach for this to be successful. I know fans who go to Indianapolis who wouldn't know a 2007 Dallara from an '86 March and enjoy themselves every year. I've not only not heard them say, "oh that airbox is ugly," I've never heard them use the TERM airbox.

The Indianapolis 500 and national championship series has gone through a lot of cycles and will continue to. in the future. We happen to be on the planet in this one.