View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3143565)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
How much less?

I would hazard a guess and say that the LMP1 guys who are probably making the most money in sportscars these days as they are employed by the teams who have the biggest wallets would not be on seven figures a season. I just cant see that type of money in sportscars. This isnt F1 or Nascar, sportscars are much more of a niche then those two.

Mind you I bet some of the GT drivers who fly around the globe pretty much every weekend racing in numerous championships with different teams for example guys like Jeroen Bleekemolen and Alan Simonsen would make some nice money out of that.
The figures talked about were per race event, and were early 5 figures, specifics weren't really gone into. I guess that offers the possibility of a very healthy annual salary if you aggressively promote yourself and have the right work ethic, not NASCAR or F1 territory, but still more than the UK Prime Minister.

Works wise it's presumably a different story. Allan McNish lives in Monaco, and you don't do that on a small salary, how much of that stems from his F1 days and how much is his Audi pay packet obviously I don't know, but like you I'd be surprised to see 7 figure salaries anywhere in sportscars.