View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1286368)   #15
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I once quite some time ago made the mistake of saying (not meaning to be boastful) that I was going to be watching a GP with an F1 driver. I got such a lot of abuse and the thread was closed before I got a chance to explain or even pass on some of his comments! I've never bothered to quote him since, seems many people here know more about F1 and racing than we do! The lack of interest in what he or I might have shared shocked me more than the realisation that I had been taken as being arrogant! What a pompus lot we Brits are! I often read items which I have some knowledge about but fear to comment, Pity really. I enjoy exchanging emails with enthusiasts around the world with whom I enjoy great conversation and views on the races, which I do much more often now than posting here, indeed one poster invited me to join another F1 chat forum which I have done, this time however I have learned to remain anonomous! Whatever I learn stuff here too as some people do know their F1 and I do enjoy reading some of the more informed comments.