View Single Post
Old 18 May 2020, 01:42 (Ref:3976848)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The problem is the competitors of the "old" 12 hour now race in the 6 hour, and local GT is a shambles. I think about all the "gentlemen" drivers that make up AGT competitors, and they will no doubt have huge financial losses and will no doubt the VERY busy trying to fix the issues in the businesses that allow them to go racing. I doubt very much whether many of these guys will be up for their regular jaunt.
Plenty of cars across AGT, Production Sports, Cup Car, APCC and Invitationals to make up a 25 - 30 car grid.

The lack of european and asian pro teams and drivers may actually be a motivator for local entrants. Eg. Quinns and AMAK actually stopped racing at the 12 Hour due to the more Pro / crash and bash nature of where the event headed.

Without understanding each car owners businesses practices, I wouldn't look to assume anyones "HUGE financial losses".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Who is going to go to massive financial risk to run a race for maybe 10 cars, especially at a time when its very shaky whether fans will turn up, how densely they can be accomodated... How they can even travel.
You would attract more than 10 cars. As discussed multiple times, no one is suggesting transferring the AGT grid to the Bathurst 12 Hour.