Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3926405)   #629
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't think a car is defined by its chassis. Otherwise the DeltaWing is an Aston Martin. The last Pescarolo is an Aston Martin. The Caddy had a rework of lights, rims, wheel covers, cooling and intakes. I think that's enough to call it a Caddy.

They didn't just take a Dallara and put a sticker on it. Which is, literally, what happened with the ORECA LMP2. Which is explicitly stated what was not allowed to happen as well.
But they don't own the 'right' to the chassis design or its construction or its repurposing like the examples you give. It's not changed in any way that is considered unique to Cadillac, is it? Redone body panels and engine are big enough to make it look like a different car but I think it's the naming that is Chiana's point.