View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3938334)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think some of it is the new common whinging about tracks not being perfectly smooth so when actual bumps become a problem it just sounds the same. It sounds like this round is actually a problem for some drivers but others have found a way around it or dealt with the bumps. I think some of it is also the modern car, the engineers know exactly what the car "needs" and when the track isn't perfect the problems are much worse than in the past.

But I think that same thing applies to car design and why there isn't the insane variety of the past. They've had say 30 years of "modern" F1 to keep refining the car and we've hit that peak. And the rules don't help. I don't think even the new rules will shake things up that much. I've been wrong before and will be again and often but it doesn't seem like teams are that worried about the changes yet.
I wouldn't call the variety in the past insane, though there were some insane designs. It was how designers back then, as they do now, interpreted the rules. However, in the past the rules governing F1 car design were not as rigid, as they now and therefore there was much more room for experimentation in both car and engine design.