View Single Post
Old 1 May 2018, 22:42 (Ref:3818741)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, the 1000km struggled, and not sure if now combined with Martini Trophy and Pre80s endurance? May not be totally, but for some meetings....

Also not sure if Masters WSM (now called FIA Masters Historic Sports Cars, it seems!) was an FIA championship in 2014. That could be the difference. And Group C (now with Peter Auto) is down to just 4 events this year, including Le Mans Classic. The fact that anyone wishing to enter GpC at that event has to compete in two other GpC races beforehand will artificially boost entries a bit but still only 19 cars started at Barcelona 3 weeks ago. I guess there will be some cars from far distant lands to help the numbers, but a stand alone race at DHF doesn’t sound like it was an option......
Could the inclusion of the latter F1 atmo engined GrC cars be part of the reason for less cars? It would put me off entering my trusty 962, XJR9 or Spice if I had to face those 905's or XJR14's!!