View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3894607)   #1618
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
After my initial worries about the Channel 4 coverage of qualifying I still decided to get up early today and watch my recording of the race highlights programme. (9 - 11 o'clock on a Sunday is just too late for me to wrestle for control of the TV. But, I think this will work well for me, getting up for work 1 hour early meant that by fast-forwarding through the adverts, and some of the other padding I still had time to watch my local news & weather as usual before heading off to work).
I thought that the coverage was excellent, helped no doubt by the race being good I'm sure. Once more young Billy Monger was impressive with his insight during the race, and questions afterwards. I was glad that I had time to watch the post-race part of the show as that was also very good, there appeared to be a genine fondness between the C4 guys & Lewis Hamilton, plus the other interviews were worth watching.
2 races into the new season & new way of F1 coverage in the UK and I'm feeling a lot more positive about things.