View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2007, 02:22 (Ref:2009858)   #13
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Firstly, other than James Allen, one thing really irks me with ITV's coverage. It's the insistance on having shots of Steve Rider talking to Mark Blundell before the race, usually in front of a McLaren garage. Also, there is the "ask stupid questions to mark blundell" feature. Surely they could just have them talking over the world feed shots, possibly answering silly questions comparing F1 cars to road cars, which are actually quite good featuring blimp shots of the track, including the old oval at Monza and so-on. They barely use them on ITV and just cut for the banner racing on the circles thing. They do this for football etc, after all.

Which leads me on to a point. Whilst it would be pointless if they didn't show it, IMO they should do the following.

For the grid run through, it should be slower, and quite possibly have more detail - WDC position/points, times in all 3 qualifying parts and so-on.

Do the track guide as part of the world feed. Possibly do it on board with the safety car when it does one of its various recce laps. I think MotoGP do that as part of their feed. Related, but please please please use corner names - NOT turn numbers as I couldn't work out which was which at Monaco with the apex speed trap, and I feel sure many others couldn't.

Add a constant thing on the screen of the top 8. Yes, it's American style but it's quite good.

In qualifying, specifically in Q3, instead of having the clock counting up for the driver's lap time, make it count DOWN for pole. And just having the clock overlayed is pointless, maybe have sector times.

It's not graphics related, but for the replays of the start, could we have a blimp view. Please, please, please.

No stupid pit crew helmet cams, they are just silly. Maybe show the pit stop on-board on the car. But the ones on the pit crew helmets are silly.

Change the software so they can see all the onboards at the same time. It would be good to see some crashes on-board.

Which brings me to my last point - a small graphic, for ALL onboard shots that says onboard with whoever. Rather simple.

I would not really complain, cause here in Australia we get jack all. When the F1 telecast went from CH9 to CH10 it was suppose to be a better package ,but it has got worse. No LIVE race ,execpt for the Aussie F1 Race.

Wish Bernie would look into it.

At least you get a pre race show.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish