View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3667632)   #29
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
lots of variables; diferent weights, different gear ratios. different torque. different diff settings. different aero. different drive trains. different drivers.

look at how close the lap times are. that shows the cars are so equal. its just those variables mean they achieve the lap time in different ways which is why the racing is so good. if they all accelerated and braked and performed exactly the same as each other then there would be zero overtaking as it would be impossible to do.
The cars that were slower were lighter and they had better aero in the main. The other variables are a factor by I doubt they are enough to make those sort of differences in a short run especially when the cars behind should have a big advantage due to track position etc.

This is almost a spec series these days so the differences between cars with engineers that know what they're doing is going to be pretty minimal.

Saying that the cars have equal lap times doesn't mean that they have equal power. That's my whole issue with this system. People keep using equal lap times to justify that they must have the same power and then come up with loads of other factors that affect the lap time other than power. It can't be both ways.

A car that creates all it's lap time in braking and mid corner speed is never going to stand a chance behind a car that can block in the corners and then accelerate away on the straights.

That's not great racing in my book that's just incredibly frustrating to watch and leads to massive accidents as those bottled up will only stand it for so long.