View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3887851)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver Health & Safety

Mr Waters has a right old whinge on the teev yesterday, and Here about the new-for-2019 coolsuit temperature monitoring forcing him to the pits for repairs.

It makes absolute sense that Supercar did this, to assure the wellness & safety of the driver as their core temperature climbs to unsafe levels, and equally you can understand and Waters’ frustration at being the first to be called in and disadvantaged for what is fundamentally a team preparation error.

The question for me is whether Supercar has gone far enough, if the maximum temperatures selected are actually too high, or whether additional measures of temperature should also be included.

If you saw Mr Davison exit his 23Red car at the end of the race, he must have onboarded half a dozen bottles of ice cold water, and complained of blurred vision, and a lack of concentration during his last stint.

Mr Owen has a similar ‘away with the pixies’ moment back in the Autobarn RNR/ARCA day’s from heat related issues.

The simple answer is to not run in the heat, which makes no sense..
There must be something that could be done to reduce ambient cabin temperatures, and protect the driver from the massive heat infusion from driving the cars, in high or low ambient temperatures.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House