View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2020, 08:36 (Ref:4013856)   #558
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
For Am class and the like, sure. But it's hard to argue that Pro teams in GTWC need this, but it isn't need in ACO Series, F1, etc. Fuel flow (as in, filling the tank, not the cars fuel flow) is not BoP'd anymore. Pit stops are regulated by the times, not the skill of the crew pulling it off.

I understand the levelling of playing field for the Pro-Am, Silver and Am classes. But not the Pro. Otherwise you can use the "gives them time to do X correctly" argument to argue the return of minimum lap times too. Don't want anyone risking anything going too fast.
but it's not necessarily about skill. pro and am doesn't refer to the skill of the people doing the pitstop and working on the cars.

gt team folk are the hardest worked i've come across. it's two guys running around doing the tyres (have you ever lifted a gt3 rim with a wet on it?), not twenty like in f1. that's where the time is gained on a pitstop. you want an entire race to depend on two already overworked people? that's not what we're here for.

the wec and elms organisers can do what they want. but from the point of view of taking the pressure off a couple of extremely knackered number ones (it's usually the number ones doing the running), i'm all for a minimum time. teams can use their time how they want, they can go as quickly as they want and wait or go slower.

thanks for correcting me about fuel flow. couldn't remember if it was but isn't now or the other way around.