View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2135710)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Hathway's car looks like an ex Trackstar from '89 or was it just resprayed as his original '88 BTCC mount was yellow IIRC?
ex-Trakstar as I recall.

IIRC, at the early season 1-hour BTCC race at Donington, Trakstar ran 2 cars- Gravett/Blomqvist in a plain white (new?) car, and Smith/Hathaway in a red & white car. As I remember Hathaway had bought the red/white car from Trakstar and used it for the rest of the year- don't know what happened to the original yellow car, presumably sold on, but where?

Trakstar had lost the Cartel/NEC sponsorship from 1989 and struggled through the 1990 season with a variety of race-to-race or short-term deals, (Qubie Computers, Champion, Dianetics, Ford Credit etc), so Smith only appeared in a few races, again in a white car, or sharing the Gravett car at the late-season Brands 1-hour race.

I thought I had a pic of the red/white car at Brands with Hathaways regular Soans Ford dealer sponsorship, but can't find it right now.