View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3808192)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v jones View Post
Ive entered cars with 5/6 different clubs etc over the 40 odd years.i was surprised to receive entry forms for Masters events,after all were you spend your money is a choice as is the quality of the event.Do we assume after we have the invite the entry fee is Masters quality,as is the quality of the event?
Apart from the fact that Goodwood and Masters are both commercial operations looking to make a profit, in my opinion that’s where the similarity ends. My understanding is that Goodwood make most of their money from spectators and corporate hosptality, Masters make theirs from race entrants (customers) only. (May be a bit simplistic.... )

The Goodwood Members Meeting is literally unique, and offers those racing and spectating appropriately unique entertainment and hospitality to go with it. Masters have a set business model for their meetings around Europe, so you get basically the same for your money wherever.

Again IMO, you can’t compare apples and pears......