View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3952471)   #300
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I shall await your comments on film Pete.It was good but I for one did not like the way it had been filmed. made me a bit queezy.

Got round to seeing this (1917) yesterday, courtesy of a 2-for-1ticket offer for Times subscribers - nearest Odeon is about 20 miles away but quite a good multi-screen place. Although quite a long film I didn't feel it dragged, and the cinematography was very impressive. AFAIK I had only my maternal grandfather involved in WW1 and he came home unscathed, but never talked about it, of course. My partner, being some 15 years older than me, had her father in the thick of it, long before she was born of course, and for her the seal of authenticity was right at the end when the lieutenant had a binocular case slung round his tunic - identical to the one her Dad had and which now resides in our cupboard.......