View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4027247)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a stupid thought at all! I'm open to all suggestions!

My thought process on the ads is this -

- To make decent money out of ads you need to use a third party ad hosting service such as iAd or similar. These generate the ads, pay you the money, simples. The downside is they aren't as good for privacy, can be a little complicated to integrate, and you don't control what ads are served. But you will make money doing this.

- I can integrate my own ads (if anyone has the Overcast podcast app, I'm trying to do it that way), but it means I have to manage it all myself. That ups the workload. And it probably earns less, as people won't come to me direct, as the app is too small (currently )

So I think where I'm currently going with it is, is that I dislike ads in general. If using my own system won't do anything significant, then I'm just making the experience worse whilst not earning anything.

My thought process is

- remove the ads, which makes the experience better.
- add some more series for free (say, F1, IndyCar and NASCAR?)
- remove the Bronze and Silver tiers completely
- rename Gold to just "Subscription", and leave it as the only tier
- add a discounted annual subscription (this has been requested a few times)

That should provide a better experience for all the users, including free. Make it simpler for me to develop. And simpler for users to know what they're getting. And it should keep costs down, which is nice. I don't want this being a £10 a month thing. I want it to be cheap - I need it to cover costs and my time and that's it really.

However, I could be wildly off the mark with how I'm doing things

-----

In terms of features, there's new stuff coming soon (but after I've sorted the subscriptions)

- Events which are TBA will now list as TBA, rather than have a race name
- Events which have a race but don't have confirmed start times will list the start time as TBA

Series that I'll add soon (once subscriptions are sorted.)
- WEC, ERC, WRX, MotoGP, BSB, WSB (these were all requested)
- IMSA Pilot, NASCAR Xfinity, NASCAR Trucks, GTWC America (more users in the US)
- Super GT, Super Formula
- W-Series, Porsche Supercup (F1 support events)
- British GT, German GT

I have made a rookie technical error and boxed myself into a corner where I now have to sort the subscriptions before I can add more series, because if I push the new stuff it'll crash the phones. I did not plan it well. But that's part of learning this stuff

Edit: Oh and edit the name in the store. I think I've found that now! Thanks for the shout Ayse!

Last edited by Akrapovic; 6 Jan 2021 at 18:33.