View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4040606)   #24
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey Mike. So previously I'd have said 'no', but I also previously said no to an Android version - and yet tonight, I find myself embarking on learning Kotlin so I can build an Android version. So I think it's a case of 'never say never'', but a Windows version is probably unlikely. If you have a Mac then there's a good chance I can make a Mac version as most of the iPhone/iPad code can be repurposed.

The development time itself doesn't bother me, it's more the time taken to learn the different platforms. I've learn Swift, and that lets me build for iPhone, iPad and Mac (Mac needs a bit of extra work, but it's largely the same code base). Android requires a new language (Kotlin), which I'm learning now. For Windows I'd need to look at C# or something.

I've considered a web version that could run in a browser, but it means I'd need to start looking into user accounts, payment processing etc. Apple (and Google, with Android) can take care of all of this for me. For web I'd need to run all that myself.

Never say never, but a Windows/Web version is unlikely at the moment