View Single Post
Old 4 May 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4049577)   #10
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Hahaha. BTRDA just got a 7th class (or category) with Modified but clubman 4x4 only have 3 rounds and can share the grid with production 4x4 as they did in the past so it will likely run as if there were 6.

I actually quite like the BTRDA class and subclass format. Plus they're going to get about the same number of cars as BRX with half the classes. It means the racing isn't spread out. BRX should drop down to 8 classes imo.

And with merging BTRDA and BRX again. I just don't get it. Both championships have pretty full grids and if they combine it'll just mean that cars will have to be reserves entrants and not get to race. Also some drivers like running both series for 12+ rounds in total, rather than just 6-8.

And correct me if I'm wrong AlamakiRX but I think BTRDA would rather do their own thing than join brx

Absolutely the BTRDA Champs is happy running its own championship as is the BRX running their championship. Both cater for 2 different markets, the BRX is National level with higher costs and Supercars, BTRDA is entry level and both championships have their own distinctive categories, very few inter-match between each other!

A joint event/championship is impossible, btrda has 7 categories, many of whom aren't compliant in BRX and in BRX they have 12 many of which aren't compliant in BTRDA. So an event with 19 classes would be impossible. Plus this year btrda has 100 championship registrations with very few doing BRX this would mean 100 btrda entries and 60/70 BRX this could never be run in 1 day! or event 2 days with full running for both championships and formats are different with BRX with Semi and finals and BTRDA with traditional d,c,b,a finals.

The 2 championships work very well independently and are thriving on it.