View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3700299)   #55
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well three years on from the original post, I've now tried the 'complete' AC on the PS4. My impression is of a really good sim that could have been absolutely great with a bit more thought.

Some car handling models are absolutely brilliant - the 65 Lotus F1 and classic touring cars seem really alive. Others provide little feedback and questionable physics at the limit. A case of trying to do too many cars for marketing reasons?

Then there is the game structure. Why can't I decide which AI I race against or organise a custom championship? What year is this again?

The tracks are probably the best modelled of any sim but there are some odd choices, probably influenced by licensing issues. Sports car classics like Donington, Le Mans, Sebring and Laguna Seca are notable by their absence. And their is still only one historic track, which is shame when one considers how brilliant the classic Lotus cars really are.

Anyone know if there will be an AC2? There is massive potential here that is not quite fulfilled...