View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3028920)   #30
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCharman View Post
Thanks for the replies - v. interesting. As I noted earlier the fastest superkart at the Sep 2011 meeting lapped within 8 seconds/lap of the fastest F1 lap at the 1967 Gold Cup - but they had no chicanes then. I wondered if the chicanes were worth 8 secs/lap?
Well, I've recently been running "Netkar Pro" a racing car simulator and it has Oulton Park in a number of configurations. A FF2000 car is 11 secs/lap quicker without the chicanes than with them - so it reasonable to assume that the 1967 F1 cars would lose at least 8 secs - so it looks like a superkart could be quicker around Oulton Park than a 1967 F1 car!

As an aside, it looks like iRacing will also get Oulton Park soon - one of my favourite tracks!
There's no question that the Superkart would be much quicker through the chicanes than the 1967 F1 car. The FF2000 would also be faster through the chicanes when compared with the older F1 car too.