View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1442985)   #128
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
1/ Alonso - Very like JYS to my mind - does just what he has to but boy he can turn it on when he really needs to and put the rest to shame - Almost faultless season from a guy who is undoubtedly going to be a triple champ at least!

2/ Raikkonen - unbelievebly quick, which is why i've put him at 2, and despatched with (arguably the quickest guy in F1, INJURED OR NOT) in the process. However, i think Alonso made him look like an amateur on balance of the season!

3/ Schuey - i wouldn't normally put him this high, but he did all he could with a heap and put in somne hard fought drives. I really want to see him in a good car again so that my convictions that he's not as formidable as he's cracked upto be are vindicated! I reckons that in equal equipment he won't be able to outrace Alonso, Kimi or JPM as they are better 'racers'.

4/ JPM -Even i got depressed by the amount of shunts he had - but he was obviously trying to hard and some races to prove he's still the man 'most likely' and at other races stopped trying which casued inexplicable accidents which damaged the teams chances. However a couple of races proved that when he has to charge there is no equal to him in pure 'racing' It his his instincts to overtake people - Silverstone was a brillaint drive, Hockenheim was a great drive from the back, Spa was until he switched off! and Brazil another indication of how he is settled in the team now - I would be surprised if he isn't a title contender and puts Kimi in the shade next year if the car is good again.

5/ Fisichella - Let down by equipent whenb shouldn;t have been and disappoined with his capitulation on last lap in Japan- However signs that he is blindingly quick are still there - Barca springs to mind mid race and China where he showed great composure. next year should be better for him.

6/ Trulli - Brilliant to be best of rest behind Renaults in first quarter of season, but then resumed poor race form thereafter? Still a mystery to me but i think if he had a truly front running car, he would be almost invinceable.

7/ Massa - People keep knockinh him but he has turend out to be a really handy driver and could be ideal for Ferrari over next few years. I actually think his talent will be fully unleashed if the Ferrari is back to the front next year. Excellent qualy ability at most circuits, although Silverstone is a bogey for him and his race pace is usually super consistent - good racer too when he gets opportunities.

8/ Button - I really don't think he'a all he's cracked up to be, but on his day he is very polished - i think that if we end up with him against the top 4 in equal cars he will be found wanting though. Top of Div 2 i reckon so I'll give him benefit of doubt.

9/ Barrichello - not much of stand out this year but he did well not to be utterly demoralised by poor car.

10/ Webber- Frustrated by equipment after a good start to the season and then a strong end - he would be another sure fire front runner in good car - starting to remind me a bit of Frentzen for some reason though?