View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2016, 04:09 (Ref:3618346)   #16
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
That's what you need to be doing, concentrate your energies on solutions and the problem will cease to exist.
H'mmm. Good advice that may be in some situations, but doesn't that also rely on 'He who has the sandpit, makes the rules?'

Currently, all the power is with MSNZ and circuit owners, plus interference from local councils, with drivers subjected to the whims of all.

Without going over old ground yet again, drivers get no vote on anything and can only vote with their feet - which many will do.

If a wealthy circuit owner isn't really dependant on the income from track hire and is more than happy opening up his sandpit as and when he wants and charges what he wants and puts in any restrictions he wants, that is his right.

Even the wealthiest NI club or clubs combined, would not be in a position these days to purchase land, get through the required hoops, build the facilities and the track and make it financially viable.

If a major Lotto winner who was a motorsport nut, or a truly rich, generous benefactor came along, I'm still not sure that anything will now get off the ground.

I hope I'm wrong but several conversations with key people involved in the sport for many years, share my pessimism.

If anyone can see a solution that could include knocking Elf and Safety on the head, eliminating the NIMBY's, sorting out local councils, getting MSNZ focussed on what their contributors really want, and so on, that would be just wonderful.