Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3881934)   #3387
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
...and then there is the process kicked off by Sauber and FI in the EU mentioned by Chillibowl...
i cant remember where and in what context that i brought that up...hopefully the point i will make next is in keeping with what i said earlier or maybe not lol.

but about the concern that these 'slave' teams will just help the big teams via voting blocks...i suppose i am less concerned.

as you highlighted wnut, it was Sauber (who have arguably been a 'slave' team for the longest) and Force India (who have arguably done the most/most successful of the 'slave' teams) who have spoke out the loudest against the current order/masters.

alternatively, if one looks at what has happened over the years (specifically with issues surrounding the current engine regs) its collusion between Merc and Renault for example, which is of much bigger concern than collusion between Ferrari and Haas could ever hope to be.

at the end of the day, two engine manus working together have more control (and perhaps rightly so) then one engine manu and their 'slave' team.

anyways, this is F1 and indeed it is all smoke and mirrors so who really knows whats going on.