Thread: Duty of care
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3855305)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The main issue was that Deadpool (an in-joke between Dave Reynolds and myself) was practically not himself all week. (had trouble sleeping, said all week that he felt off song, etc) Plus the team should have over-ruled Reynolds' wanting to stay in the car and put Youlden in the car during the scheduled pitstop. (It was clear in the in-car footage that Deadpool was stuffed, he was constantly drooping/shutting his eyelids, looked pale as and when he jumped out of the car, not only his legs were cramped, his hands were clawed with severe cramp)
Makes the decision to triple-stint him in such a fast race very questionable. Youlden didn't put a foot wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Also, props for Greg Murphy consoling Reynolds. Like him or not, that was a great thing he did, unlike the bunch of photographers that stuck their cameras practically in Reynolds' face. That really annoyed me. (and the team who practically used themselves as human shields to give Deadpool some privacy)
Man absolutely, those photographers really ****ed me off.

Murph was great. Poor Dave looked absolutely shell shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Imo the root issue in this is Reynolds anxiety issue which has become quite clear now. A pack of sleep as a result of anxiety has a far greater impact on someone's mental and physical performance than simply reduced sleep due to a later finish or eaely start. Hopefully he can work in that area but there's the fear now that it'll exacerbate after this weekend.
As a sufferer myself I really feel the pain and it is a serious issue that can affect you physically very badly.