View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4098794)   #651
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/w...r-era/8174958/

Bit of a weird take from Watkins here, imo. Surely it was always assumed that IMSA and the WEC would have different names for their top class. What's new?
Yeah agree, hard to see the issue. Sportscar fans are more than used to this sort of minutiae and for the casuals I think big brands racing for the win trumps any sort of naming issues.

I think there are far bigger concerns around BoP and race invitations than any sort of naming stuff.

There was a good soapbox from Marshall Pruett on his podcast around how IMSA had emailed him to say the cars will still be known as LMDh's despite running in the GTP class. I would guess the ACO might have seen their arse when GTP got announced by IMSA. But ultimately it's already pretty confusing, LMH, LMDh, Hypercar. What's another name to add to the list?