View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2788460)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I really don't like the Abu Dhabi - sorry, Abbadabby - track at all. The day-night race makes it a nice-looking spectacle, and the colourful lights and shiny buildings look very impressive, but you have to be quite easily pleased to overlook the quality of the racing, which last year was pretty poor.

I think it's similar to Singapore - that all looks very nice with the backdrop of the city and the cars under lights, but this year's race just seemed to drag on interminably. These 'novelties', for want of a better word, may be good at attracting the attention of the casual viewer, but only a decent race is actually going to keep them interested.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'