View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2788579)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
jab, you're spot on, mate. I'm not just saying 'all old tracks produce good racing', but at least they flex the cars and drivers a little more than some of these 'point and squirt' tracks.

I have to say, even Silverstone 2009 was a dull race, and I was there.

Just had a little look at the track layout and began experimenting with various layouts. The first section could be made much more exciting:

(ignore the crudeness of my little sketch)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Compared to...:

Stick in the added curves after T2, bypass the chicane before the hairpin and you have quite an adverturous first sector. The second sector then becomes the long straights/hairpin combo we've all grown to know and love (...). Then the final sector is very Korea-esque. Lots of medium speed turns in a row.

It'd atleast just mix it up a little.

I understand why they have the chicane before the hairpin on sector one - obviously to scrub the speed off before the hairpin, which, doesn't actually have a huge run-off. But by adding the 2 extra sweeps after T2, I believe it may scrub off enough speed before the hairpin. I'm sure someone brighter than me could do the maths for that...

Selby

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 11 Nov 2010 at 14:48.