Old 30 May 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3542829)   #66
The Fat One
Rookie

United Kingdom
Valencia, Spain + Greater Manchester
The Fat One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by volemetricdean View Post
after seeing bills from previous keepers, it was quiet obvious the rear axle was a weak point.So i started there,the easy option was a narrowed 9in but after investigastion,i found Quaif whom supplied all off the inners for the atlas axle with a life time guarantee at over 800 BHP,I had the engine rebored just to make it new !! its got 3v alloy heads and loads of lovely bits.The body shell "IS " as quoted by body shop who are rebuiling car, The cleanest MK1 capri they have ever worked on !! Shouldnt be long now, any response would be very welcome, Dean
I remember this car being built and then it sat in Superspeed's showroom for years! It was a very very special car, badged up as an RS5700 and had been based on a new 3 litre GXL. My father owned the factory next door to Superspeed's and was at one time a small co-sponsor of Colin Hawker's DFVW! I spent many an evening in the Superspeed showroom and workshop!
Good luck with your project, it would be nice to see some photos when you are finished!
Tim