Thread: HSCC CADWELL
View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2020, 10:54 (Ref:4005314)   #26
ingo
Rookie

ingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, really good to be back in the Lincolnshire Wolds. Well done Cadwell, MSV and the HSCC, and thanks to the likes of Alan Morgan for rounding up so many enthusiastic racers.
I went along on Sunday - as Coppice mentions, the circuit and surrounds looked magnificent - and saw plenty of competitive racing, particularly the FF2000s and FF1600s. Among the highlights for me were Pierre Livingston drifting his Merlyn at speed through The Gooseneck, and Ben Tilley hammering down to The Mountain in his beautiful ex-Keegan March 743, left, right, and powering up over the top; so smooth, and extremely quick.
Jeremy Clark was impressive too in his Elan, as was Kevin Kivlochan, in the later race, fighting through from the back of the grid in the thunderous Cobra.

Regarding that debris fencing up at Hall Bends. Hopefully just at the fast entry? If so, I'm not surprised, because it's an exhilarating, terrifying, and potentially dangerous place to spectate! I take a few steps back sometimes when someone's trying an overtaking move off the top of The Mountain, two cars coming in to the first right flick side by side. Eeek!