View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3520510)   #7
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Read a velocity motorsport article that Hamptons was sold for $13,500,000 any word on the plans for Hampton Downs.

Will there be less use for NZ Motorsport now or will it stay similar to what it is currently.
Hi FD,

I think you will find that Velocity has jumped the gun on this story, for sure there is talk's going on but remember the same rumor-mill had Taupo sold to Tony lock stock and barrel.

I don't pretend that I know the details, but at the end of the day, if the bank wants to override the interest of the tracks shareholders with out there consent, then the bank will have to take legal action against the shareholders, in order to be able to sell them up.

That has certainly not happened yet, so it would be entirely logical to think that the parties are looking for a compromise that would at least leave the shareholders with their shirts on their back, and a roof over their head, so to speak.

Velocity is simply following the old maxim of "never let the facts get in the way of a good story" a bit naughty but hey what the hell.

Under Tony's ownership Hampton Downs will never be the same, and I am not sure thats a good thing or a bad thing. The apartment owners will lose their grandstand seat's of the Pit action if TQ builds new pits and VIP facilities on the extended track, they may also find that significantly increased security, will also very quickly be put in place, that will help control free loaders to major events.

The cost of competing at Hampton Down's will increase dramatically, because Tony will want a return on his money, so Pukekohe will become even more popular, and Puke still remains the only racetrack in New Zealand that a promotor of a big event can make a dollar.