View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4131957)   #72
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Williams has already been filled with VW people like Capito, so perhaps such a deal has more chance of working?

A 50:50 stake with Sir Frank would, of course, be unthinkable!
Agree on the Frank part.

But when I think of stuff like this, I don't think of who currently fills the positions, but rather the organizational and power structure (power in this case defined by controlling interest). Lets say Dorilton maintains a controlling interest after a deal with Porsche. Just because they have VW leaning staff in management positions today, doesn't mean that might not change in the future. And given how things fell apart for Porsche with the RBR deal over who was in control, I cant imagine them partnering with Williams unless...

1. They want control and get control (majority owner)
2. The have backed away from wanting full control

Richard