View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3218628)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
From the looks Slade threw down a demon lap (over half a second quicker than anything else he'd done).... To be fair, aside from Slade's lap, the rest of the results have been rubbish and suggest that the cars have gone backwards (slowest three cars from combined practice).

Either way you look at it, in three short months the new management have turned one of the quickest teams to one of (if not the) slowest teams in the field....

And I'm not sure I'm with you on the notion that there's tactics at play here.... I've got the feeling that what they've got, is all they've got at this stage.
If you read the stories about Erebus at the moment, they are currently limited to remapping engines to improve performance..

There are said to be 4 homologation windows where updates to the engine package can be submitted to V8SA for approval this season.

Each of these should see an improvement in engine output by way of changes to the hardware, not the software, or the trackside tuning.

Nismo is waiting for the next one to get some more power onboard as well.

Engine shops at the F1 level, and that is what the AMG program pretty much is, have a set of upgrades that happen through a season, where hardware is changed.. its scheduled, its planned, its properly resourced, its properly funded...

Quite how they know there will be 4 thinking changes leading to better performance is something hard to fathom...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House