View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3898603)   #5051
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I beg to differ. It depends on how they approached it with the success ballast etc (which I hate BTW) but last year we saw the WSR BMW some 100kg heavier than some FWD vehicles, 75kg + 25kg RWD penalty, and they were qualifying down in 18th - 20th place at some tracks.

In any case its not meant to "make a difference to the show" as such, merely balance out an alternative propulsion method.
Yes, if a car is 100kg then it will be slower than cars which are not 100kg heavier. But if every car is 100kg heavier then it will make absolutely no difference to the appearence on track. The cars will be half a second or so slower, maybe feel a little heavier to the drivers, and look absolutely identical on TV.

Until you're at a laptime difference of 5-10 seconds, you won't see any difference on TV or trackside.

I'm not arguing it's a good idea (it's pointless), but adding 100kg to BTCC cars does not change the cars at all.