Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3816200)   #2747
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
sounds like an April 30 deadline to unilaterally push through 2019 changes aimed at improving overtaking will come and ago, unsurprisingly, with no consensus.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...anges-1026982/

lack of support, lack of funding, lack of agreement...so the usual stumbling blocks.

while i do believe that there is a long standing problem, i have to say i do somewhat agree that the backlash from OZ is being overblown given the two crackerjack races we have had since.

cant expect the teams to change overnight, cant really expect them to spend money to change for 2019 when 2021 will most likely see a new formula anyways.

im inclined to think that what Pirelli have done this year with their compounds is the far cheaper, more immediate, and thus more practical solution to the problem.