Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3996825)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The fast Astra - if it gets production go ahead - will, like the fast Corsa, share it's Peugeot brother's parts bin. So the new 308 in this case. Likely a turbocharged 1.6 petrol with a hybrid gubbins.
I think the closest we have to a verified source comes in the official press release from Vauxhall.

'VAUXHALL CONTINUES TO CHARGE! EIGHT ELECTRIFIED MODELS BY 2021'
In the release, they refer to the following as having electric variants:
Corsa-e, Grandland X Hybrid4.
Vivaro van, Mokka X, Combo, Combo Life, Vivaro Life, an electrified version of the next generation Astra.

So it seems that Vauxhall have confirmed an electric version of the Astra by the end of 2021, but whether this will carry a VXR badge is not mentioned.