Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3996903)   #44
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Slightly OT, but owning a self charging hybrid that I am about to change for a new petrol car in September, I am a bit unconvinced by the technology. I have an SUV style car and I have found that by dragging round a load of batteries and electric motor that then reduces the size of the fuel tank, you are left with a car with no range.

I filled it up recently and despite having done only two relatively short journeys - 80 miles each - it now tells me I have 335 miles of petrol left.

Fortunately I don't do many miles per in it, if I did it would drive me mad having to constantly stop and top up the fuel.

By contrast, we have just bought a new Citroen Berlingo turbo diesel, 8 speed auto - I am getting 64mpg and you can literally fill it up and forget it - I have done two reasonable size trips in it and still have 600 miles of fuel left!