View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3837095)   #1507
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Hmmm, when the water companies are supposed to lose about 20% of their supply through leaks as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-drought-fears

But if they fixed the leaking pipes, we would probably be all up in arms about the road works as well!

Am I right in thinking that there was a campaign about 15 years ago to stop the leaks by replacing the old Victorian era supply pipes with new plastic pipes? As I recall there was a levy on water bills to find it - levy never removed as far as I can recall.

Then 10 years later they had to start to replace the replacements.

The Estate in which I live was built in the late 70s. About 5 or maybe 6 of the properties in our small close have had supply pipe leaks over the past 20 odd years. I don't think the building standards on this estate were especially high but I doubt they are much higher now. The potential for more and more obvious near surface leaks, let alone the deeper pipes, must be large as more and more new developments are built for mnimised costs and maximized profits.