Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3872973)   #2452
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
............. does this mean that each model or/and make had special agreements to compete in the Grp1,5 category, meaning that its hard to be understood if you're not deeply involved in?
Remember this was for the BSCC but yes, the certificates provided "enhanced" accessories such as those drop links, 48IDA etc. I've seen copies of the certificates produced by Ford. Some of those were later homologated for Group 1 (that carb again). I believe only Ford produced them at the request of the teams.

Quote:
Short words: you keep your ex-works SD1 as was in period, compliant, having a new HTP form filled from what you have not what you could have. Right? If any other SD1 was legally more developed than yours, engaged in an international series, proofs of period brought, all legal, you could have yours to the same state of tuning (may be have to change the livery?). Right? Could you keep the same HTP front page with only red pen marks written by an official scrutineer after this kind of alterations?
Yes as was remarked at Oulton Park, my HTP has no red marks, and the engine is sealed.

Quote:
Apart from Blue Book, do you know someone ready to supply a copy of what Ford got from RAC and how much it would cost?
I know Martin Thomas has some but he was a constructor. Not sure he's willing to sell them though, he's always worth talking to though for reasons other than these certificates. Again Ric W will have some copies, if not an original.

Quote:
As to your Rover I consider being a piece of history, its not about what you could do but what you're allowed to do. Keeping her as was is a respectable and courageous choice, you dont go the easy way. No misunderstanding here, I hope. Yes?
Understood. As long as the punters realise the differences and that's always a problem hence at Goodwood it really isn't competitive anymore.