View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3760387)   #2675
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Hadn't realised Jack's Galaxie was coming up for sale. You're right, that really has to stay as it is. If I had the money I'd buy it. I wonder how long it is since Jack ran it up his farm track?

Lovely, lovely man who lived up to his 'Gentleman Jack' title. Was very kind to me on a couple of occasions.
The auction includes several of the 'Sears Collection', which was actually started by Jack's father. The Galaxie was often exercised, I last saw it driving at Snetterton not that many years ago, and of course it went to Goodwood quite often. Jack sold his amazing 8 litre 'hot rod' (my words) Bentley a few years ago. The 'Forrest Lycett Special' set several Jabbeke speed records while Mr Lycett owned it. If you've got time, read the Motorsport archive feature here.... http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ar...-litre-bentley

I had a memorable (and speedy) trip to Silverstone BDC with Jack in the car several years ago, on a glorious (early) August morning. Amazing car, and a never to be forgotten experience.

Happy days, as our Delta would say!