View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3006336)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think we need to be careful to differentiate between clubs that represent a region or specific make / type of car and pure circuit racing clubs. As a member of the Sporting Car Club of Norfolk I receive invitations to more events run by other clubs- usually in the same region. But they will be for rallies, autotests, trials etc. I wouldn't compare what the SCCON do with HSCC or CSCC, for instance! The BDC and VSCC also in my view cannot be compared with them.

I guess charging a registration fee, as some clubs do, for a championship was / is a way of getting us competitors to commit to several races or all to get vfm? Unfortunately for most of us nowadays it isn't practical with so many clubs and so many events all over Europe to choose from. Looking at this year I would like to do one event with organiser A, couple with organiser B, maybe 3 with organiser C and same with club D. At the end of the day if that involves paying a fee to all of them to join or register (or both!) before paying entry fee, sadly it isn't going to happen.

Would be good to list the clubs and organisations not requiring a fee of some sort? 360MRC has already been mentioned, and Jim Lowry has declared that the Equipe GTS series running mostly with AMOC this year will not require a fee to register. Among the commercial organisations, last year Motor Racing Legends did not require any other payment apart from entry, and from memory neither have GTSCC or Carol Spragg with her various series.

Of the ones requiring money up front, AFAIK HSCC membership allows you to race in any of their championships without registration fee on top? What about the other 'historic' clubs?