Old 6 Jan 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4027184)   #7
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I am not sure if you could say one is better than the other.
They both have advantages and disadvantages.

I think two of the main reasons Porsche chose LMDh over LMH:
* the possibility to race in WEC *and* IMSA. That's not guraranteed (yet?) for an LMH.
* it is far easier to let a privateer team run the car and it is far easier to sell this car to customers. Both Porsche and Audi have left the door open for customer cars. I see no such thing at Toyota or Peugeot.

I hope for close racing and if I get that it doesn't really matter to me which car wins and even less which type of car wins, even though I am a rather big Porsche fan.
Of course you can not decide which is better, I would like to have a discussion about these two car types in terms of comparability, possible pace etc.

I think it is fair enough to say, that LMH should be considered as the " big boys" and for LMDh I would say "customer cars or a far cousine of LMH".

As a top tier car manufacturer, as the VAG group, just to "belong to" the "big guys" I would have sacrificed one marque (Audi or Porsche) for a LMH project..

Or in fact - and that might seam harsh - I would relegate LMDh to the LMP2 class. LMH should be able to do 3:20 at LM and let the DPi and LMDh prototypes compete for LMP2 Triumph in LM and overall triumph at IMSA.

For me it is simply not acceptable, that you create and run a far more expensive project with more room for technology and improvement and you even these cars out with cheaper series production sportscars that have a hybrid system of 50 KW power.